Medical Insurance (IPMI)
Dental care is often overlooked when it comes to discussing sickness absence, but oral health is in fact vital to ensuring staff stay healthy, productive and at work and due to the lack of NHS dentists available to people in the UK*, many employers are putting in schemes to help their employees cover the cost of their dental treatments.
Some facts about dental cover: (HSA Annual Dental Survey 2008)
- 65% of employers believe dental cover is the most valued employee benefit.
- 27% of working people believe that looking after their oral health is unaffordable.
- 23% have put off visiting the dentist because it is too expensive.
- 42% believe they could do more to look after their oral health.
- There has been a 54% growth in company membership schemes in the last 12 months.
There are a number of available options to meet the varying needs of all businesses. However PHP are able to provide a bespoke service for companies wishing to provide this benefit for 50 of more employees.
* Citizens Advice Bureau - Inquiry into Dental Services 2008For more information click here, or call us on 01274 588 862